The Noodle AFO
Advanced Carbon Fiber Brace
Redesigned for 2014
PDAC L1951 Approved
Available September 2014
Circumferential Carbon Fiber Cuff →
Flexible Spiral "Noodle" Carbon Fiber Strut →
Flexible Carbon Fiber Foot Plate ↓
Unique Features of The Noodle AFO:
- Patented carbon fiber composite design that is more flexible than standard carbon fiber AFO's to optimize mobility
- Posterior/medial cuff design with energy storing carbon fiber composite dynamic spiral strut and footplate to effectively treat foot drop
The Noodle AFO is designed to:
- Control drop foot and assist with correct heel strike with gait
- Accommodate plantar flexion tone with variable flexibility foot plate
- Facilitate heel to toe weight transfer with weight bearing
- Provide flex-assist at toeoff to increase ankle power at push off
- Provide a swing assist during the swing phase of gait
- Encourage knee flexion with improved ankle / foot biomechanics
- Improve gait efficiency
Indications for The Noodle AFO:
- Simple foot drop with functional plantar flexion strength
- Knee hyperextension control
- Mild achilles tendon tightness - equinavarus
From the Inventor
"The Noodle AFO with its patented carbon fiber composite design offers a combination of strength, durability and dynamic flexibility that is not available in other products. If you are a clinician or a user looking for a superior AFO then try The Noodle®."
--- Wade Bader, CPO, President of Kinetic Research
For the Off-the-Shelf Noodle AFO model NPP the Pricing, Data Analysis and Coding Contractor (PDAC) has determined that the code used when billing Medicare is HCPCS L1951.
Off-the-Shelf suggested retail price: $895
Kinetic Research products are only available from qualified healthcare professionals. We do not sell our products directly to patients.
From Heel-Strike to Toeoff
The Noodle AFO carbon fiber composite ankle foot orthosis is a lightweight yet extremely durable AFO. It is ideal for users with varying degrees of foot drop who would benefit from a dynamic energy storing AFO to improve gait. The flexible footplate and flexible strut facilitate a more natural gait than more rigid carbon fiber AFO's.
The Noodle AFO provides gait assistance by controlling plantar flexion and reducing energy consumption with dynamic dorsi flexion and improved loading response.
Handcrafted Carbon Fiber AFO Brace
The Noodle AFO is handcrafted by expert technicians skilled in carbon fiber composite fabrication. This allows for a custom precision fit that optimizes performance and efficacy. The Noodle AFO is available in either Off-the-Shelf, Build-to-Order or Custom-from-Cast models.
Off-the-Shelf Standard Size Models
The Noodle AFO is available Off-the-Shelf with either a pre-cut footplate or an oversize footplate. The oversize footplate can be cut to exact fit by the practitioner.
The Noodle AFO Sizing
If you are not sure which Off-the-Shelf model is the proper size then fill out the order form below and Kinetic Research will determine the optimimum size.
Build-to-Order models offer custom features without having to cast. Build-to-Order specifications include:
- Cuff height and foot plate length variations
- Strut variation from flexible to extra-stiff
- Foot plate variation from flexible to extra-stiff
For difficult to fit users The Noodle Custom-from-Cast is the superior carbon fiber AFO brace.